Our transition back to home has gone very well. Isaac has got some great sleep in. He responded great to his usual bedtime routine last night and slept until 8:00 am excluding waking up once to eat. He has been eating well, smiling, and playing. It was quite surreal to come home with a baby who looks just like the baby we had the morning of 12/26 and to a home that had been put back together by our friends and family. We picked up Mr. Fin (our dog) and he is trying to rest up after his adventures with Zane and Marley (our friends’ dogs). We keep saying that if we could just forget the last week and a half then we wouldn’t know the difference. To think that a week and a half ago I wasn’t sure I would ever get to hold my baby again and even a week ago I thought we would still be in ICU at this point… We always had faith that our baby would be healed, we just never dreamed that it would happen this quickly. Isaac is such a strong little guy, I still remember the doctors saying that they could support him to help him recover, but truly it was up to him and his body to truly get better. We always thought he was such a beautiful boy and we’re totally head over heels about him, but now we really see how perfectly he was designed. I think Isaac’s recovery is the closest thing to a miracle that I’ve ever seen, and is in no doubt God’s response to faithful and fervent prayers plead on his behalf by so many.
Kevin and I now have the task of emotionally and mentally recovering. We again are so blessed to have everyone’s support. I know that so many of you want to help but I don’t even know how to tell you to help us other than continued prayer that we can move on without living in fear and that this horrible thing will never happen to Isaac again.
And once again I must say thank you to each person who has read one word of this blog, who has thought about my baby for one single second, who has asked for God’s healing hand to touch my baby’s body, who has physically helped us, who listened as we cried over the phone, and who held us through the darkest hours while Isaac was still in ICU. Each of you have truly changed our life and we are forever indebted to you. There are no words to truly express how much all of you mean to us. Our baby boy has brought so much joy and light to our life, it was truly the hardest thing we’ve ever experienced to see his body so broken, and as you can imagine the greatest joy we’ve ever experience to see him healed. We hope that you can embrace this joy as well and let your hearts mend as I know it was so devastating for many of you as well.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Moving on…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We're so glad you all are home and doing well. Hopefully we can get together and spend some time with you all and not in a waiting room. Maybe when Jerid is off sometime in Feb we can come and visit you.
Love you guys,
Lizzi, Jerid, and Wyatt
Rock Chalk Chicken Hawk Go MU
Reading this blog posting was a great way to start the day. I feel so uplifted to know how God touched your lives in Issac's time of need.
Words cannot express how thrilled we were to hear that Isaac had returned home and is safe in your arms and love. I cannot wait to see you guys in person (very soon!) and give the little man a huge hug. God's mighty power is truly amazing! Take care!
Love,
Martha, Jim and Grace
Post a Comment