Thursday, January 03, 2008

8 Days and Into the OR

I'm forgetting what I've told people and what I've already posted, and I don't have time to go back through the old posts to see, so forgive me if I repeat myself. Now that Isaac is awake it's much harder to find time to write updates. He's normally so easy going and is so good at chillin' out and playing with his toys. But now he just wants to be held all the time and even that it's enough most of the time. Tuesday night was much the same as Monday night - full of fussing and crying. Fortunately we have some extremely hospitable and incredible caring friends from church, Warren and Bonnie Traynor, who have opened their home up to us. So Julie left Tuesday night and I left Wednesday night to catch some sleep. Last night however was a definite improvement. He slept for 3-1/2 hrs during one stretch of the night. Yea!

They let him eat a little bit yesterday evening via a feeding tube, then he got some gas medicine, some Zantac, some Tylenol and a little Benedryl and he was pretty happy for a bit. Also during the day yesterday he had an echocardiogram and an EKG. We heard today that the echo looked good, so no heart issues. :) At midnight last night, they took his feeds off because he was going in for a little OR action today. He's getting a brochoscopy right now, and is up for a high res CT scan afterwards (they decided to get a high res CT instead of the arterial angio-CT, which is more invasive so that's good). But the broncoscopy requires him to be put under. They are looking in his lungs with a video camera scope to see if they can find the source of the bleeding. They'll also squirt some saline in there and take some samples of the fluid to see what the stuff that washes off looks like. So hopefully we'll hear soon what these tests show. So, the next few hours he's in surgery and recovery and hopefully he won't have to go back on the ventilator and will be back in our room soon. I just heard that the doctor is on her way to me, so I'll post again later.

Please pray that the tests go smoothly, bring us some answers, and don't bring any set-backs. Thanks to everyone for your prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin and Julie...prayers are still coming your way.
Love you, Phyllis and Ellick

Anonymous said...

Hi KW and Julie! Just wanted to say thanks for the updates. I am passing them on to mom. Let us know if we can do anything ( I am pretty good with a broom and a dust pan if you need someone to hit your house for ya.) Love ya lots,
Penny, Marshall and Katie Bug

Anonymous said...

Kevin and Julie...I called Dad and read your report to him. We are so excited with the good report on the Echo and are anxiously waiting to hear about the bronoscope and CT. I love this blog idea. We are lifting up prayers even as I type.

Love you, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Kevin and Julie,
Our prayers are with you guys. Glad to hear that the EKG results came back with good news. Hopefully, more good news will continue to come.
Jason, Ann, Adam & Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Kevin & Julie- Melinda & John told me about your sweet boy & asked me to be praying. I know I've met you before, but not sure if you remember me. I'm Melinda's best friend from high school. Anyway just thought I'd let you know that we are praying so hard for little Isaac. I can't even imagine what you're going through. But I know God can do great & amazing things!!!

Lisa Lesley

Unknown said...

Kevin and Julie, You are more than welcome to use my house if you need it. I have an extra bedroom and bathroom. I am at 48th and Roe so the drive is only about 10 minutes. Let me know if you need a place to stay!