I am continually amazed at our God. With some of the "downtime" over the past few days I started reading The Question of God by Armand Nicoli. It's a compare/contrast book on the worldviews of Sigmund Freud and C.S. Lewis with regard to the existence of God among other topics. One of Lewis's arguments for the existence of God was that the complexity and order of life (from biology to physics to mathematics and on) points to an Intelligent designer. I remember reading this thought in Mere Christianity when I was in college studying physics, engineering and the physical order of the universe and it gave me great confidence in a Creator. Over the past few days of listening to the doctors discuss medicines, dosages, timing etc., I have a new appreciation for the complexity of created life and further confidence in that Intelligent Creator. What's more, after Isaac's day I have even more confidence that this Creator is involved in our lives and hears our prayers through his Son Jesus!
Since coming off his ventilator this morning, Isaac has continued to improve. At first he was raspy and coughing a lot, but apparently his lungs looked much better on the chest x-ray and the rattle was due to the effects of the breathing tube on his airway and stuff breaking up in there from him moving and wiggling around. But after some breathing treatments and time, he's no longer raspy; there's just a slight wheeze. Some of the meds he was on mess with the quality of this veins so his IVs weren't doing well anymore. So they took all his IV's out but later had to put one back in (but only 1). He's still on just a bit of oxygen, but not much. All in all, they told us we might move down to the floor (out of PICU) tomorrow! The best part?!? Julie and I can hold him now!
We are so indebted to everyone who has prayed and come by and brought us care packages and their love and hugs. Please continue to pray for Isaac's continued improvement and that we might find out what caused his lungs to get so messed up so fast.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Holding Her Baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad to hear Isaac's getting better. We've been praying for all three of you since we first heard yesterday that your little guy was sick. Thanks for starting your blog to keep us updated. We'll keep you all in our prayers.
Praise the Lord! I just received your e-mails and blog address and was praying continually as I read "up" the page (starting with the oldest postings). God is good and has once again blessed you! Thanks for keeping us all updated.
Kevin-Julie; We are so glad, Praise be to God! We love you and will continue to pray for healing for Isaac! "The Name of the Lord is a Strong Tower the righteous runs into it and are safe". Prv 18:10 My heart goes out to you guys, I've been there. We love you! Karen Cook and Pam Richey
Kevin & Julie - I don't know if you counted Florida as one of the states praying for all of you guys but we've got our Bible Fellowship class here in Tampa aware of what you are going through. I am so happy that he is doing better and we will continue to pray for your family. Ryan's little bro and wife - Nathan and Ashley Lorton
I'm so glad to hear that Isaac is getting better. My family is praying for you and your little one. Julie, you worry about Isaac getting better and work will wait. We'll have it covered! :)
Post a Comment